Dr. Daniel Elford
Dr Daniel Elford is Chief Technology Officer at Sonobex Limited and Co-Founded the Company in 2012; a spin-out company from the Department of Physics at Loughborough University.
Dr Elford graduated from Loughborough University with a first class degree in Engineering Physics in 2007 and He holds a PhD in Engineering Physics from Loughborough University.
He has over 12 years experience in acoustics and is a Royal Academy of Engineering SME Leader (2018) and former Royal Academy of Engineering Enterprise Fellow.
Dr Elford is responsible for establishing Sonobex's technical vision and leading aspects of research & development; including managing and defining the Company's intellectual property portfolio and strategy. He also leads the team of acoustic engineers to develop innovative noise control solutions with the use of finite element simulations.
In 2015 Dr Elford was awarded the Institute of Acoustics Young Persons' Award for Innovation in Acoustical Engineering and has published a number of scientific papers in the field of acoustics and noise control and presented at many prestigious acoustics conferences.
Dr Elford also holds external positions including:
- Chairman of the Physical Acoustics Group Committee of the Institute of Acoustics.
- Ordinary Member of the Institute of Physics, Physical Acoustics Group Committee.
- Member of the UK Acoustics Network, Metamaterials Special Interest Group.
- Member of the Young Members Group Committee of the Institute of Acoustics.
- Member of the Industrial Applications Working Group, DENORMS, COST Action.
- Member of the The Institution of Engineering and Technology.
- Honorary Fellow in the Department of Physics at Loughborough University.